You are here:
EDUFAX Educational FAQ
Graduate School Applicant
LD / AD/HD Student
Independent School Applicant
Therapeutic Schools & Programs
FREE Stuff & Links:
24-month Planner for the Collegebound
College Selection Books
E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
Links to Colleges
Links to Private Schools
Tuition & Financial Aid
Test Prep Books
Test Prep Software
RAISING NLD SUPERSTARS
Consulting to Schools & Programs
What is EDUFAX?
The EDUFAX Educational FAQ
I am interested in SAT/PSAT/ACT.....
take me back to the list of questions
- My PSAT score is 221, the sum of Math, English, &
Writing scores. Does this score count for the National Merit
- The formula for calculating eligibility for commendation and finalist status has been recently changed. The Selection Index is now determined by the sum of the three components of the test. This still gives greater importance to the verbal score, since only one math section and two verbal sections are included in the calculation. Previously, the Writing score was not included in the Selection Index, but now it does figure into the calculation. Merit
commendations, semi-finalist positions and finalist awards are
relative calculations which are based on percentages. For this
reason, award eligibility differs from state to state and scores
which earn special recognition in some states are not high enough
for commendation in others.
EDUFAX provides Verbal Test Prep Tutorials (PSAT/SAT I/SAT II/ACT).
- Students who read this question were also interested in:
- Q.#35 : Please interprt my PSAT scores
- Q.#40 : My NMSQT index is 216...
- Q.#114 : If I multiply my PSAT score by 10, I will have an extremely low SAT score. Please explain.
If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley
||STUDENT! PARENT! COUNSELOR!
EDUFAX Educational Newsletter [FREE]
|Show me !|
|E D U F A X can be reached at:|
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
phone: (860) 233-3900 fax: (860) 233-3903 ||| e-mail: email@example.com