e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #9:
  • I have a learning disability and have major problems getting into a mainstream college. I have been told by Landmark College that I am "too together". What do you suggest?
Answer #9:
  • There are many schools which prepare LD students for higher education, but Landmark College is the only college level program specifically designed for that purpose. Search the following resource:
    The Princeton Review/The K&W Guide to Colleges for the Learning Disabled
    A resource book for students, parents, and professionals
    by Marybeth Kravets & Imy F. Wax
    Random House, Inc., New York

    If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
    Thank you EDUFAQ
    When you identify a school which interests you, contact the Director of Learning Services to make sure that the school can offer you appropriate accommodation. If Landmark College thinks you are "too together", that's a good sign. They believe in empowering a student to self-advocate. By suggesting that you are "too together", I believe they are telling you that you are ready for a less specialized learning environment.
    You might also consider Curry College, the University of Hartford, American University or New England College. It is difficult to recommend schools without seeing your complete records, since different disabilities require different accommodations. I hope that some of my suggestions will help you start thinking about what sort of school is right for you.
    You can find direct links to the web sites and e-mail addresses of these and other colleges and universities on the EDUFAX Resources page.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound Learning Disabled Student.
    EDUFAX provides Verbal Test Prep Tutorials (PSAT/SAT I/SAT II/ACT).
Students who read this question were also interested in:
Q.#4 : What schools have good LD programs?
Q.#5 : What are the best colleges for students with ADD...?
Q.#6 : Where can I find about services for LD students who want to go to college ?
Q.#7 : Which colleges have the needs of LD students included in their programs ?
Q.#21 : My daughter has ADHD, is very bright with good grades, but has a low GPA...
Q.#23 : I was unable to pass my high school Exit exam. Now I can't get into college...

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011