You are here:
EDUFAX Educational FAQ
Graduate School Applicant
LD / AD/HD Student
Independent School Applicant
Therapeutic Schools & Programs
FREE Stuff & Links:
24-month Planner for the Collegebound
College Selection Books
E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
Links to Colleges
Links to Private Schools
Tuition & Financial Aid
Test Prep Books
Test Prep Software
RAISING NLD SUPERSTARS
Consulting to Schools & Programs
What is EDUFAX?
The EDUFAX Educational FAQ
I have a LEARNING DISABILITY.....
take me back to the list of questions
- We have a 4th grade daughter with diagnosed LD, and
are exploring private schools. What are the private schools in
Connecticut that accept LD students or work exclusively with LD
- There are many private schools in CT, both residential and day,
which work wonders for children who have learning disabilities.
However, some schools work well for children with certain types of
LD and some work well for children with other types. The spectrum
of learning disabilities is extremely broad and it would be
impossible to recommend a school without knowing exactly what
accommodations and remediation your daughter needs.
When choosing a school for your daughter, be careful to find an
environment which challenges her and does not assume that her
learning disability makes her unable to learn. Be sure to find a
school where they will help her find the way that she learns best
and set her on a journey toward success and self-esteem.
Some of the schools in CT & MA which say that they are prepared to
teach children with learning disabilities are:
You can the homepages and email addresses of these and many other Indpendent / Private / Boarding Schools on the EDUFAX Independent School List.
- Ben Bronz Academy, West Hartford, CT
- Eagle Hill, Greenwich, CT
- Eagle Hill, Southport, CT
- Foundation School, New Haven, CT
- High Road Student Learning Center, Wallingford, CT
- Hope Academy, Milford, CT
- The Learning Center, Brooklyn, CT
- Villia Maria Education Center, Stamford, CT
- White Oak School, West Springfield, MA
- Woodhall School, Bethlehem, CT
I urge you to find an educational consultant who is familiar with
the schools and who will evaluate your daughter's abilities to make
the right match.
EDUFAX provides services for the Learning Disabled Student.
- Students who read this question were also interested in:
- I have a Learning Disability...
- Choosing a School
If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley
||STUDENT! PARENT! COUNSELOR!
EDUFAX Educational Newsletter [FREE]
|Show me !|
|E D U F A X can be reached at:|
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
phone: (860) 233-3900 fax: (860) 233-3903 ||| e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org