e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #55:
  • My son is a senior enrolled in a private school for students with LD. He is severely dyslexic and has ADD. Can you recommend colleges suitable for him in the New England area or in Florida?
Answer #55:
  • There are a number of schools in New England and Florida which have excellent support programs for students with learning disabilities and ADHD. However, each student has different needs and it is not appropriate to recommend one school over another without knowing each student's specific academic and behavioral profile.
    Like students, colleges, too, have personalities. I recently visited some of the programs in Florida and you would not believe how different one is from another with respect to general atmosphere, campus culture, setting, and student body. The same is true from the schools in the New England area.
    In order to make sure that you help your son select a school which can offer appropriate supports and resources for his learning needs, make sure that he is aware of what accommodations he will require in college. Discuss his situation with the learning specialists at each school you consider to make sure that they can provide the support he requires. If you are unable to investigate these schools and programs by yourself, enlist the help of an educational consultant who has experience in working with students who have learning differences.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
I have a Learning Disability...
Choosing a School
Q.#4 : How can I find out what colleges have good learning disabilities programs?
Q.#29 : Which colleges in Florida offer LD services?

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011