e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Applications College Selection Relocation Graduate School Applications Re-entry Student LD Student Independent School International Student Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


 Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #52:
  • I am interested in majoring in Communications, but my GPA = 2.7. I have an IEP due to ADHD. I would like a program that is much more hands-on and less classroom theory. Do you have any ideas where I should apply? I am an American student interested in schools in the US and in Canada. (courtesy Matthew Thomsen, Wilbraham, MA)
Answer #52:
  • Colby-Sawyer College in New London, New Hampshire, has a good hands-on Communications major program and excellent support for students with learning differences. You will find similar programs at Quinnipiac University and Mitchell College, both in Connecticut, and at Hofstra University in New York.
    You can find the homepages of these and all (yes ALL!) the colleges in the USA through the EDUFAX web site.
    Since the Canadian school system is very different from the American system, I do not recommend that American students with learning differences look at Canadian colleges. Most Canadian students attend Grade 13, and are way ahead of American students in baseline courses when they begin their university studies. The transition to college is difficult enough for a student with learning differences. It becomes much too complicated when it is necessary to factor in another educational system and a different culture.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
I have a Learning Disability...
Choosing a College
Q.#5 : What are the best colleges for ADD students?
Q.#21 : My daughter has ADD...

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011