e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #32:
  • I am a ADD student in public high school. I am interested in film production, architectural drawing and computer animation. There are no classes in these subjects in my school. My grades are in the B to C range. I do not know if I am college material, but I would very much like to pursue a career in one of these fields. Where do I go from here?
Answer #32:
  • The subjects which interest you generally begin on the college level. Don't worry if you cannot take any of these courses in high school. It is important for you to have a serious discussion with the professionals who monitor your learning accommodations. I you have not yet done so, ask them to sit down and explain your ADHD to you and the ways in which it affects your learning. Make sure that you understand what you are capable of accomplishing and what kind of resource support you will need in college.
    Ask yourself if your grades are truly the best that you can produce or if you think that you could do better if you knew how to manage your time differently or had different study skills. If you think you need more help at school than you are getting, ask for it. People who have learning differences are entitled by federal law to receive many accommodations in school. Know your rights!
    Although you will be required to complete the necessary requirements for your degree, support will be available to facilitate your learning, test-taking, and assignment preparation. Since you are interested in such a specialized field, finding the right school will be probably be much easier for you if you work with a knowledgeable educational consultant.
    If you need assistance with advocacy or with college applications and college selection, check out the EDUFAX services for the Learning Disabled Student.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound High School Student.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
I have a learning disability...
I am collegebound...
Q.#4 : How can I find out which schools have good LD programs?
Q.#7 : Which colleges have the needs of LD included in their programs?
Q.#16 : Please list schools in the New York City area with LD programs.
Q.#17 : Please list schools in Pennsylvania with LD programs.
Q.#26 : Please list schools in Ohio with LD programs.
Q.#28 : Our son needs a private school. How do we get the public school to pay...?

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011