e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #31:
  • My daughter is visually impaired. She works very hard. She has been told by her teachers that she should not be collegebound. If she gets the Special Education Diploma (SPED) will she be able to get into any college? Please Help! (courtesy of Carey Odum, Duluth, GA)
Answer #31:
  • Without seeing your daughter's full academic profile, it would be impossible for me to tell you whether she should or should not go to college. Many students who are visually impaired achieve remarkable academic success in college and graduate school.
    There are many schools capable of making accommodations for students with similar learning difficulties. I would investigate the situation thoroughly before allowing her teachers to put your daughter on track for a SPED diploma, which might complicate her pursuit of a higher education.
    If you or your child have a learning disability and need assistance with advocacy, with private school placement or with college applications and college selection, check out the EDUFAX services for the Learning Disabled Student.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound High School Student.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
I have a learning disability...
I am collegebound...

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011