e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #30:
  • My son is having problems in public school and we are considering transferring him to a private boarding school where he can receive individualized attention. We are also considering having him repeat his 10th grade year at the private school. Would the repeat year be detrimental to his college application?
Answer #30:
  • Transferring to a private school and repeating a year is often an excellent solution for a student who is not having academic success in public school.
    You can find a listing of some of the private boarding school in the USA on the EDUFAX Independent School List (ISL).
    If your son changes his academic habits and reaches his potential in a new school, the colleges that consider him for acceptance will respect the reason for changing. They will not consider the repeat year detrimental to his application.
    If you or your child have a learning disability and need assistance with advocacy, with private school placement or with college applications and college selection, check out the EDUFAX services for the Learning Disabled Student, or the EDUFAX services for the Indpendent / Private School Applicant.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound High School Student.
    EDUFAX provides services for the Collegebound Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
I have a learning disability...
I am collegebound...
Q.#4 : How can I find out which schools have good LD programs?
Q.#7 : Which colleges have the needs of LD included in their programs?
Q.#16 : Please list schools in the New York City area with LD programs.
Q.#17 : Please list schools in Pennsylvania with LD programs.
Q.#26 : Please list schools in Ohio with LD programs.
Q.#28 : Our son needs a private school. How do we get the public school to pay...?

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011