e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #28:
  • Our son is attending public school and has been diagnosed as LD since first grade. We feel he is not receiving the assistance he needs and are looking into enrolling him into the Hyde School, in Bath, Maine. How can we get the public school system to pay for the tuition? (courtesy Marie Louise Mason, Bath, ME)
Answer #28:
  • Contact your town's Office of Pupil Services and find out what procedures are used to consider an external placement. If you believe that your district is not providing your child with an appropriate education, you have the right to use the system of due process to examine the situation and request suitable placement. You could also contact the admissions office at Hyde to inquire if the school has received reimbursement for any students from your district in the past.
    Check with your local Learning Disabilities Association (LDA) chapter and see if you can use the services of an advocate. An attorney who specializes in education can be helpful if your case goes to a hearing.
    I wish you luck with this arduous task.
    EDUFAX provides services for the LD Applicant to Independent Schools.
    EDUFAX provides services for Therapeutic Program Placement.
    EDUFAX provides advocacy services for LD students and their families.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
Q.#30 : Would a repeat high school year be detrimental to my son's college application?

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011