e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #21:
  • My daughter has ADD and is trying very hard to get into college. She is extremely bright but has great difficulties in the public school she attends. In the past 2 years she has succeeded in going from failing to high grades. However, her final GPA will be low and will not truly reflect her intellect. How can she apply to a good college? (courtesy Mary E. Reece, East Liverpool, OH)
Answer #21:
  • Contact the ADHD sites that are available on the Internet to learn how to advocate for your daughter. It sounds as though she has done a wonderful job of learning about her skills are and compensating for her difficulties. There are definitely colleges which will take a chance on a student who shows such potential. To find out more about schools in your area, you should contact an educational consultant. You can find a listing of certified educational consultants in your area by searching the IECA Internet site.
    If you are interested in the EDUFAX Assistance Program for the LD Student, you can get more information on the EDUFAX site.
    Some students with learning disabilities and/or attention deficits benefit from a 13th year in a prep-school setting (post-graduate year or PG-13). Others do extremely well if they can spend some time at Landmark College, which teaches students with learning differences to advocate for their needs and helps them move on to other schools.
    You should contact the learning resource people at every school you consider so that you can assess what types of educational support they provide. Make sure that you have current and comprehensive educational assessments for your daughter.
    Good Luck in your search for your daughter's school. Students with ADHD can be very successful with the right attitude and positive support.
    If this process sounds too daunting for you, find an educational consultant with experience in placing LD students. You could also use the EDUFAX services for the LD Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
Q.#9 : I have LD and have major problems getting into mainstream college...
Q.#52 : I have ADHD. I would like a program that is much more hands-on and less classroom theory...

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011