e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #20:
  • I am a student with Learning disabilities entering 10th grade. I cannot take college prep courses, but want to go to college. I need to pick high school courses that will be accepted by colleges. I need help!
Answer #20:
  • There are several colleges that cater to LD students. However, I am concerned that if you cannot take college prep classes, you might not be able to take regular college courses. Most schools will require the standard amounts of English, Math, Science, History, etc. Your guidance counselor should be able to help you contact the Learning Disabilities Association (LDA) chapter in your state. If not, visit the National LDA site, and see what information and assistance is available in your community.
    Two well known colleges that have specific programs for LD students are:
    • Lynn University, FL
    • Curry College, MA
    A community college is also a good place for LD students to start, since the classes are small and faculty access is easier. In order to provide you with more specific and customized information, I would need to evaluate your academic and educational reports, records and evaluations.
    If this process sounds too daunting for you, find an educational consultant with experience in placing LD students. You could also use the EDUFAX services for the LD Student.

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011