e  d  u  f  a  x 

for all the facts about your education
EDUFAX with Marcia Rubinstien
College Relocation Graduate School Re-entry LD / AD/HD Autism Spectrum Independent School International Crisis Intervention Emerging Adults Therapeutic Schools & Programs

 You are here:
     EDUFAX Educational FAQ

 Help with:
    Graduate School Applicant
    International Student
    LD / AD/HD Student
    Autism Spectrum
    Independent School Applicant
    Re-entry Student
    Transfer Student
    Crisis Intervention
    Therapeutic Schools & Programs
    Emerging Adults

 FREE Stuff & Links:
    24-month Planner for the Collegebound
    College Selection Books
    EDUFAX News
    E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
    Links to Colleges
    Links to Private Schools
    NLD/Asperger Books
    Tuition & Financial Aid
    Test Prep Books
    Test Prep Software


Consulting to Schools & Programs

What is EDUFAX?

  Contact EDUFAX

The EDUFAX Educational FAQ


Question #14:
  • How do I apply for extended time for the SAT or ACT tests?
Answer #14:
  • Go to your guidance counselor or school psychologist and ask if you meet the criteria for extended time. He or she should be able to guide you through the process of sending in the appropriate documentation and receiving testing accommodations. You will need documentation of a learning disability and an educational assessment which confirms your need for extra processing time.
    Both the SAT and ACT have special forms and procedures which you must follow in order to be granted extended time. There are also several categories of extended time. Some students are granted 50% more time, and others are granted unlimited time.
    EDUFAX provides Verbal Test Prep Tutorials (PSAT/SAT I/SAT II/ACT).
    EDUFAX provides services for the Learning Disabled Student.
Students who read this question were also interested in:
Q.#3 : Where can I get information about accomodations for LD...?
Q.#15 : I receive extended test time. Will it affect my chances of receiving the National Merit Scholarship ?
Q.#27 : I have ADD. What do I need in order to receive extended time for the PSAT or SAT ?

If this information was helpful, please click on the smiley   
Thank you EDUFAQ
 take me back to the list of questions
get  the
EDUFAX  Educational  Newsletter  [FREE]
Show me !

E D U F A X   can be reached at:
345 North Main Street, Suite 317, West Hartford, CT 06117
    phone: (860) 233-3900            fax: (860) 233-3903    |||     e-mail: edufax@edufax.com
 This site has been on the World Wide Web since September 5, 1996 Copyright © 1999-2011 EDUFAX ® § Created and maintained by BOOM! Enterprises®, last revised - July 27, 2011