You are here:
Graduate School Applicant
LD / AD/HD Student
Independent School Applicant
Therapeutic Schools & Programs
FREE Stuff & Links:
24-month Planner for the Collegebound
College Selection Books
EDUFAX Educational FAQ
E-Newsletter for the Collegebound
Links to Colleges
Links to Private Schools
Tuition & Financial Aid
Test Prep Books
Test Prep Software
RAISING NLD SUPERSTARS
Consulting to Schools & Programs
What is EDUFAX?
Services for Emerging Adults
EDUFAX provides services to young adults needing structured support to address the academic, social, emotional and behavioral challenges of maturity. Though society recognizes them as adults, many people 18 years old and over need more time than their typical peers to acquire the skill sets necessary for a successful transition to college or the world of work.
There are many reasons for transitional difficulties. They may include, but are not limited to:
EDUFAX helps young adults and their families find proactive solutions to sustain the path to independence by identifying opportunities that foster self-development and growth while promoting a sense of freedom and choice.
- Poor Motivation
- Lack of academic progress
- Career indecision
- Interpersonal problems
- Drug/alcohol abuse/recovery
- Family conflicts
- Low self-esteem
- LD and AD/HD
- Neurological difficulties, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Low frustration tolerance
EDUFAX helps young adults address and overcome the unique and specific characteristics that inhibit individual success while providing a sense of freedom and autonomy in a supportive and nurturing environment.
EDUFAX helps families identify settings that will give young adults a chance to reclaim productivity and success. Placements for people aged 18 - 24 include specialized educational settings, therapeutic and emotional growth schools, post-secondary programs, transition programs, campus-based support programs and others.
EDUFAX EDUFAX maintains ongoing relationships with administrators, admissions officers, and therapists throughout the country in order to remain acutely aware of which settings can facilitate your child's safety and growth. Continuing interaction with faculty, staff and students helps EDUFAX guarantee current, first-hand knowledge of best practices in the field of emerging adult development.
When all materials have been submitted and colleges begin to respond, EDUFAX will assist young adults and their families with the final choice.
|The EDUFAX Program includes:
- Complete review of testing and academic records including consultation with referring professionals
- Referral for more testing when appropriate
- Individualized consultation with family for selection of settings
- Assistance with topic selection and development of unique student voice for appplication essays
- Pre-application consultation with administrators to determine availability of appropriate services, enrollment possibilities, and student admissibility
- Preparation of a Web Page List of Schools and Programs
- Preparation for visits and interviews when applicable
- Assistance with application process
- Continuing follow-through and advocacy for duration of enrollment, including therapeutic and academic updates
EDUFAX provides clients with full office-based and e-mail support for communication, essays, resumes and other services.