Services for Students in Crisis
EDUFAX assists families with children, teenagers, or young adults struggling with some of the following issues:
- ADD or AD/HD
- Addictions (Drugs, alcohol, internet, gambling and others)
- Anger and Aggression
- Autism and Related Spectrum Disorders (Asperger's Syndrome, NLD, HFA, PDD-NOS)
- Depression or Anxiety
- Eating Disorders
- Grief or Loss
- Learning Differences (language-based and social-emotional)
- Oppositional or Defiant Behavior
- Poor choice in friends
- School failure, refusal, lack of motivation, underachievement, expulsion or suspension
- Sexual Identity or Promiscuity Issues
EDUFAX helps families identify interventions that will give young people a chance to reclaim productivity and success. Placements for students in crisis include specialized educational settings, therapeutic and emotional growth schools, outdoor therapeutic programs, residential treatment centers, and others.
EDUFAX maintains ongoing relationships with administrators, admissions officers, and therapists at schools and programs throughout the country in order to remain acutely aware of which settings can facilitate your child's safety and growth. By visiting schools and programs to interact with faculty, staff and students, EDUFAX can guarantee current, first-hand knowledge of best practices in the field of crisis intervention.
EDUFAX also provides services for students with special needs and/or language-based learning differences.
EDUFAX believes that parents are an integral part of the placement process. For this reason, a list of settings always includes programs or schools with different characteristics and treatment modalities so that families can decide which approach best suits their entire family system. The list of settings under consideration is carefully developed for each family, and is also provided as a Personalized Web Page List of Schools and/or programs for Students in Crisis.
The EDUFAX Program includes:
When all materials have been submitted, EDUFAX will assist families with the final choice.
- Complete review of testing and academic records including consultation with referring professionals
- Individualized consultation with family for selection of schools and/or programs
- Pre-application consultation with officials to determine availability of appropriate services, enrollment possibilities, and student admissibility
- Preparation of a Web Page List of Schools and Programs
- Preparation for visits and interviews when applicable
- Information on companies for escorting students when necessary
- Assistance with application process
- Continuing follow-through and advocacy for duration of enrollment, including regular therapeutic and academic updates
EDUFAX provides clients with full office-based and e-mail support.